Could you be our new Town Clerk?
Are you committed to serving the community?
Are you a careful administrator, a good communicator and an enthusiastic manager? Would you consider joining Uppingham Town Council as our new Town Clerk?
Uppingham is a small market town in Rutland with a thriving economic and social life. The town has both primary and secondary schools within its boundaries and boasts a wide range of hospitality and sports venues usually associated with a much larger town. Situated in beautiful rolling countryside, Uppingham is less than 90 minutes by train from central London.
We're looking for a dynamic and collaborative individual to serve the Council as it drives forward. You will be a self-starter, able to show initiative and to think on your feet. You will understand the functions of a Town Council.
The successful candidate will need to build a wide range of positive relationships with Councillors, staff, residents, businesses and other organisations. You will also manage our small team of part time staff and take overall responsibility for all the Town Council's administrative functions.
The Council provides a wide range of quality services including a market, recreation ground, open spaces, allotments, burial land and the Town Hall.
The Town Clerk is expected to be fully involved in supporting the Council to:
• Protect and improve the quality of life for the community and future generations
• Enhance the attractiveness of the town as a place in which to live, work, visit and invest
• Enhance the character and identity of the town
• Engage with the community to identify their needs, priorities and wishes
• Show due regard to advance equality of opportunity for all residents
Closing date 12.00 noon Monday 26th July 2021
Posted: Sat, 29 May 2021 10:17 by The Clerk